Wash Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Wash? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Related sentences, Example sentences, Words ending with Wash, How to pronounce? Synonyms, Derivations, Words starting with Wash, Antonyms and more...
How to pronounce: wɒʃ
1. Clean with water and, typically, soap or detergent.
Example sentences: "I stripped and washed myself all over"
2. (of flowing water) carry (someone or something) in a particular direction.
Example sentences: "Floods washed away the bridges"
3. Brush with a thin coat of diluted paint or ink.
Example sentences: "The walls were washed with shades of umber"
4. Seem convincing or genuine.
1. An act of washing something or an instance of being washed.
Example sentences: "Her hair needs a wash"
2. The disturbed water or air behind a moving boat or aircraft or the sound made by this.
Example sentences: "The wash of a motorboat"
3. A medicinal or cleansing solution.
Example sentences: "Mouth wash"
4. A layer of paint or metal spread thinly on a surface.
Example sentences: "The walls were covered with a pale lemon wash"
5. Silt or gravel carried by a stream or river and deposited as sediment.
6. Kitchen slops and other food waste fed to pigs.
7. Malt fermenting in preparation for distillation.
8. A situation or result that is of no benefit to either of two opposing sides.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Wash
Wash in Other Languages...