Waste Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Waste? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Synonyms, Antonyms, Derivations, Example sentences, Words starting with Waste, Related sentences, Words ending with Waste and more...
How to pronounce: weɪst
1. Use or expend carelessly, extravagantly, or to no purpose.
Example sentences: "We can't afford to waste electricity"
2. (of a person or a part of the body) become progressively weaker and more emaciated.
Example sentences: "She was visibly wasting away"
3. Devastate or ruin (a place)
Example sentences: "He seized their cattle and wasted their country"
4. (of time) pass away; be spent.
1. (of a material, substance, or byproduct) eliminated or discarded as no longer useful or required after the completion of a process.
Example sentences: "Ensure that waste materials are disposed of responsibly"
2. (of an area of land, typically in a city or town) not used, cultivated, or built on.
Example sentences: "A patch of waste ground"
1. An act or instance of using or expending something carelessly, extravagantly, or to no purpose.
Example sentences: "It's a waste of time trying to argue with him"
2. Material that is not wanted; the unusable remains or byproducts of something.
Example sentences: "Bodily waste"
3. A large area of barren, typically uninhabited land.
Example sentences: "The icy wastes of the Antarctic"
4. Damage to an estate caused by an act or by neglect, especially by a life-tenant.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Waste
Waste in Other Languages...