Watches Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Watches? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Related sentences, Words starting with Watches, Words ending with Watches, How to pronounce? Antonyms, Example sentences, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: wɒʧ
1. Look at or observe attentively over a period of time.
Example sentences: "Lucy watched him go"
2. Exercise care, caution, or restraint about.
Example sentences: "Most women watch their diet during pregnancy"
3. Remain awake for the purpose of religious observance.
1. A small timepiece worn typically on a strap on one's wrist.
Example sentences: "My watch had stopped"
2. An act or instance of carefully observing someone or something over a period of time.
Example sentences: "The security forces have been keeping a close watch on our activities"
3. A film or programme considered in terms of its appeal to the public.
4. A flock of nightingales.
Example sentences: "A watch of nightingales began flying south"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Watches
Watches in Other Languages...