Watering Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Watering? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Words ending with Watering, Related sentences, Antonyms, Words starting with Watering, How to pronounce? Example sentences, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: ˈwɔːtərɪŋ
1. A colourless, transparent, odourless liquid that forms the seas, lakes, rivers, and rain and is the basis of the fluids of living organisms.
Example sentences: "Sodium chloride dissolves in water"
2. A stretch or area of water, such as a river, sea, or lake.
Example sentences: "The lawns ran down to the water's edge"
4. The amniotic fluid surrounding a fetus in the womb, especially as discharged in a flow shortly before birth.
Example sentences: "I think my waters have broken"
5. The quality of transparency and brilliance shown by a diamond or other gem.
6. Capital stock that represents a book value greater than the true assets of a company.
1. Pour or sprinkle water over (a plant or area) in order to encourage plant growth.
Example sentences: "I went out to water the geraniums"
2. (of a person's eyes) fill with tears.
Example sentences: "Rory blinked, his eyes watering"
3. Dilute or adulterate (a drink, typically an alcoholic one) with water.
Example sentences: "Staff at the club had been watering down the drinks"
4. Increase (a company's debt, or nominal capital) by the issue of new shares without a corresponding addition to assets.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Watering
Watering in Other Languages...