Way Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Way? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Example sentences, Words ending with Way, Antonyms, Words starting with Way, Related sentences, How to pronounce? Synonyms, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: weɪ
1. A method, style, or manner of doing something.
Example sentences: "There are two ways of approaching this problem"
2. A road, track, path, or street for traveling along.
Example sentences: "No. 3, Church Way"
3. Parts into which something divides or is divided.
Example sentences: "The national vote split three ways"
4. Forward or backward motion of a ship or boat through water.
Example sentences: "The dinghy lost way and drifted toward the shore"
5. A sloping structure down which a new ship is launched.
Example sentences: "It was a favorite vantage point from which many of them had watched many other Bath Iron Works ships slide down the ways."
1. At or to a considerable distance or extent; far (used before an adverb or preposition for emphasis)
in the manner
to the point
by the way
Keep in Mind
Images related to Way
Way in Other Languages...