Weak Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Weak? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Words ending with Weak, Synonyms, Example sentences, Antonyms, Derivations, Words starting with Weak, Related sentences and more...
How to pronounce: wiːk
1. Lacking the power to perform physically demanding tasks; lacking physical strength and energy.
Example sentences: "She was recovering from the flu and was very weak"
2. Liable to break or give way under pressure; easily damaged.
Example sentences: "The salamander's tail may be broken off at a weak spot near the base"
3. Lacking intensity or brightness.
Example sentences: "A weak light from a single street lamp"
4. Denoting a class of verbs in Germanic languages that form the past tense and past participle by addition of a suffix (in English, typically -ed).
Example sentences: "Some phrasal verbs prefer a weak form (contrast The car sped up the hill and The car speeded up)."
5. Relating to or denoting the weakest of the known kinds of force between particles, which acts only at distances less than about 10⁻¹⁵ cm, is very much weaker than the electromagnetic and the strong interactions, and conserves neither strangeness, parity, nor isospin.
Example sentences: "Thus, the strengths of the electromagnetic, weak, and strong forces depend upon the energy at which they are measured."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Weak
Weak in Other Languages...