Weaker Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Weaker? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words starting with Weaker, Example sentences, Related sentences, Derivations, Synonyms, Antonyms, How to pronounce? Words ending with Weaker and more...
How to pronounce: ˈwiːkər
How to pronounce: wiːk
1. Lacking the power to perform physically demanding tasks; having little physical strength or energy.
Example sentences: "She was recovering from flu, and was very weak"
2. Liable to break or give way under pressure; easily damaged.
Example sentences: "The salamander's tail may be broken off at a weak spot near the base"
3. Lacking intensity or brightness.
Example sentences: "A weak light from a single street lamp"
4. Denoting a class of verbs in Germanic languages that form the past tense and past participle by addition of a suffix (in English, typically -ed).
Example sentences: "Some phrasal verbs prefer a weak form (contrast The car sped up the hill and The car speeded up)."
5. Relating to or denoting the weakest of the known kinds of force between particles, which acts only at distances less than about 10⁻¹⁵ cm, is very much weaker than the electromagnetic and the strong interactions, and conserves neither strangeness, parity, nor isospin.
Example sentences: "Thus, the strengths of the electromagnetic, weak, and strong forces depend upon the energy at which they are measured."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Weaker
Weaker in Other Languages...