Wear Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Wear? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words starting with Wear, Antonyms, How to pronounce? Words ending with Wear, Example sentences, Derivations, Related sentences, Synonyms and more...
How to pronounce: weə
1. Have on one's body or a part of one's body as clothing, decoration, protection, or for some other purpose.
Example sentences: "He was wearing a dark suit"
2. Damage, erode, or destroy by friction or use.
Example sentences: "The track has been worn down in part to bare rock"
3. Pass (a period of time) in some activity.
4. Tolerate; accept.
1. The wearing of something or the state of being worn as clothing.
Example sentences: "Some new tops for wear in the evening"
2. Clothing suitable for a particular purpose or of a particular type.
Example sentences: "Evening wear"
3. Damage or deterioration sustained from continuous use.
Example sentences: "You need to make a deduction for wear and tear on all your belongings"
1. Bring (a ship) about by turning its head away from the wind.
resistance to wear
resistance to abrasion
article of clothing
Keep in Mind
Images related to Wear
Wear in Other Languages...