Weather Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Weather? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Example sentences, Words ending with Weather, Related sentences, Antonyms, How to pronounce? Words starting with Weather, Derivations, Synonyms and more...
How to pronounce: ˈweðə
1. The state of the atmosphere at a place and time as regards heat, dryness, sunshine, wind, rain, etc.
Example sentences: "If the weather's good we can go for a walk"
1. Wear away or change the appearance or texture of (something) by long exposure to the air.
Example sentences: "His skin was weathered almost black by his long outdoor life"
2. Come safely through (a storm)
Example sentences: "The sturdy boat had weathered the storm well"
3. Make (boards or tiles) overlap downward to keep out rain.
4. Allow (a hawk) to spend a period perched in the open air.
Example sentences: "I would advise to weather her in her hood"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Weather
Weather in Other Languages...