Web Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Web? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Antonyms, Example sentences, Words ending with Web, Related sentences, Words starting with Web, Synonyms, How to pronounce? Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: web
1. A network of fine threads constructed by a spider from fluid secreted by its spinnerets, used to catch its prey.
Example sentences: "Although many spiders have relatively poor eyesight - those that use webs to trap prey have no need for acute vision, Nelson says; jumping spiders are an exception."
2. A complex system of interconnected elements.
Example sentences: "He found himself caught up in a web of bureaucracy"
3. A membrane between the toes of a swimming bird or other aquatic animal.
Example sentences: "Then, as the duck draws its foot forward and brings the toes together, the web folds up so there is less resistance to the water."
4. A roll of paper used in a continuous printing process.
Example sentences: "Assume a moving web of paper approximately 6.6 m wide, moving at thousands of feet per minute."
5. A piece of woven fabric.
Example sentences: "Every woman made her web and bleached it herself, and the price never rose higher than 2 shillings a yard, and with this cloth almost everyone was clothed."
1. Cover with or as though with a web.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Web
Web in Other Languages...