Well Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Well? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Antonyms, Words ending with Well, Synonyms, Example sentences, Words starting with Well, How to pronounce? Related sentences, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: wel
1. In a good or satisfactory way.
Example sentences: "The whole team played well"
2. In a thorough manner.
Example sentences: "Add the mustard and lemon juice and mix well"
3. Very probably; in all likelihood.
Example sentences: "Being short of breath may well be the first sign of asthma"
1. In good health; free or recovered from illness.
Example sentences: "I don't feel very well"
2. Sensible; advisable.
Example sentences: "It would be well to know just what this suggestion entails"
1. Used to express a range of emotions including surprise, anger, resignation, or relief.
Example sentences: "Well, really! The manners of some people!"
1. A shaft sunk into the ground to obtain water, oil, or gas.
Example sentences: "Different concentrations of ground water nitrate were obtained by drilling irrigation wells into two aquifers."
2. A plentiful source or supply.
Example sentences: "She could feel a deep well of sympathy and compassion"
3. An enclosed space in the middle of a building, giving room for stairs or an elevator, or to allow light or ventilation.
Example sentences: "Hundreds of builders work like ants to construct walls, foundations, stairs, lift wells."
4. A shelf beneath the counter of a bar on which bottles of liquor are stored within easy reach of the bartender.
Example sentences: "You would have never heard of the label of the gin in the well in average bars"
5. A region of minimum potential.
Example sentences: "A gravity well"
1. (of a liquid) rise to the surface and spill or be about to spill.
Example sentences: "Tears were beginning to well in her eyes"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Well
Well in Other Languages...