Wide Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Wide? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words starting with Wide, How to pronounce? Synonyms, Words ending with Wide, Related sentences, Derivations, Antonyms, Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: waɪd
1. Of great or more than average width.
Example sentences: "A wide road"
2. Including a great variety of people or things.
Example sentences: "A wide range of opinion"
3. At a considerable or specified distance from a point or mark.
Example sentences: "Bodie's shot was inches wide"
4. Another term for lax
1. To the full extent.
Example sentences: "His eyes opened wide"
2. Far from a particular point or mark.
Example sentences: "A shot that went wide to the right"
1. A ball that is judged to be too wide of the stumps for the batsman to play, for which an extra is awarded to the batting side.
Example sentences: "Blignaut lost his cool immediately, the next ball swinging way down the leg side for four wides."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Wide
Wide in Other Languages...