Window Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Window? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words starting with Window, Antonyms, Example sentences, Words ending with Window, Synonyms, Related sentences, How to pronounce? Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: ˈwɪndəʊ
1. An opening in the wall or roof of a building or vehicle that is fitted with glass or other transparent material in a frame to admit light or air and allow people to see out.
Example sentences: "The apartments and penthouses have double-glazed redwood framed windows, fitted kitchens and gas-fired central heating."
2. A transparent panel on an envelope to show an address.
Example sentences: "This results in yellowed envelopes, shrunken address windows, and brittle paper."
3. A framed area on a display screen for viewing information.
Example sentences: "The viewer gets the video and audio directly into his Internet browser window."
4. An interval or opportunity for action.
Example sentences: "February 15 to March 15 should be the final window for new offers"
5. A range of electromagnetic wavelengths for which a medium (especially the atmosphere) is transparent.
Example sentences: "All of these windows are in infrared wavelengths, and they are narrow, like the gaps between the slats of a fence."
6. Strips of metal foil or metal filings dispersed in the air to obstruct radar detection.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Window
Window in Other Languages...