Wipe Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Wipe? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Example sentences, Related sentences, Words starting with Wipe, Synonyms, Antonyms, Words ending with Wipe, How to pronounce? Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: waɪp
1. Clean or dry (something) by rubbing its surface with a cloth, a piece of paper, or one's hand.
Example sentences: "Paul wiped his face with a handkerchief"
2. Remove or eliminate (something) completely.
Example sentences: "Things have happened to wipe the smile off Kate's face"
3. Erase data from (a computer system or electronic or magnetic storage device)
Example sentences: "I discovered all of my hard drives had been wiped"
1. An act of wiping.
Example sentences: "Bert was giving the machine a final wipe over with an oily rag"
2. A disposable cloth treated with a cleansing agent, for wiping things clean.
Example sentences: "I keep a box of final wipes in my desk at work and grab one or two when ever I go to the bathroom."
3. A cinematographic effect in which an existing picture seems to be wiped out by a new one as the boundary between them moves across the screen.
Example sentences: "Split screen, weird wipes, floating frames and fades - they guy does everything possible to replicate the look of a comic page, shy of actually shooting one on an animation stand."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Wipe
Wipe in Other Languages...