Wire Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Wire? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, Words ending with Wire, Example sentences, Words starting with Wire, Related sentences, Antonyms, Synonyms, How to pronounce and more...
How to pronounce: ˈwaɪə
1. Metal drawn out into the form of a thin flexible thread or rod.
Example sentences: "A coil of copper wire"
2. An electronic listening device that can be concealed on a person.
Example sentences: "An undercover police informer who was wearing a wire"
3. A telegram or cablegram.
1. Install electric circuits or wires in.
Example sentences: "Wiring a plug"
2. Provide, fasten, or reinforce with wires.
Example sentences: "They wired his jaw"
3. Send a telegram or cablegram to.
4. Snare (an animal) with wire.
5. Obstruct (a ball, shot, or player) by a wicket.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Wire
Wire in Other Languages...