Witness Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Witness? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Antonyms, Related sentences, Derivations, Synonyms, Example sentences, Words starting with Witness, How to pronounce? Words ending with Witness and more...
How to pronounce:
1. A person who sees an event, typically a crime or accident, take place.
Example sentences: "Police are appealing for witnesses to the accident"
2. Evidence; proof.
Example sentences: "The memorial service was witness to the wide circle of his interest"
3. A member of the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Example sentences: "I haven't been one for some time. That doesn't mean, though, that I'm not a witness of Jehovah."
1. See (an event, typically a crime or accident) take place.
Example sentences: "A bartender who witnessed the murder"
2. Have knowledge of (an event or change) from personal observation or experience.
Example sentences: "What we are witnessing is the birth of a new political entity"
3. (of a person) openly profess one's religious faith.
Example sentences: "Our duty is to witness to God"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Witness
Witness in Other Languages...