Working Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Working? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Derivations, How to pronounce? Example sentences, Antonyms, Related sentences, Words starting with Working, Words ending with Working and more...
How to pronounce: ˈwɜːkɪŋ
1. Having paid employment.
Example sentences: "The size of the working population"
2. Functioning or able to function.
Example sentences: "The mill still has a working waterwheel"
3. (of a theory, definition, or title) used as the basis for work or argument and likely to be developed, adapted, or improved later.
Example sentences: "The working hypothesis is tested and refined through discussion"
1. The action of doing work.
Example sentences: "Working with animals teaches patience"
2. The way in which a machine, organization, or system operates.
Example sentences: "We will be less secretive about the workings of government"
3. A mine or a part of a mine from which minerals are being extracted.
Example sentences: "A modern mine on the site of old workings"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Working
Working in Other Languages...