Worm Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Worm? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, Synonyms, How to pronounce? Words ending with Worm, Words starting with Worm, Example sentences, Antonyms, Related sentences and more...
How to pronounce: wɜːm
1. Any of a number of creeping or burrowing invertebrate animals with long, slender soft bodies and no limbs.
Example sentences: "For many years only animals such as worms, leeches and midge larvae could survive."
2. A weak or despicable person (used as a general term of contempt)
3. A helical device or component.
4. A self-replicating program able to propagate itself across a network, typically having a detrimental effect.
Example sentences: "This would help identify and flush out infiltrating viruses, worms, trojans and other malicious softwares."
1. Move with difficulty by crawling or wriggling.
Example sentences: "I wormed my way along the roadside ditch"
2. Insinuate one's way into.
Example sentences: "The educated dealers may later worm their way into stockbroking"
3. Treat (an animal) with a preparation designed to expel parasitic worms.
Example sentences: "I wormed her over a course of three weeks"
4. Make (a rope) smooth by winding small cordage between the strands.
1. Write-once read-many, denoting a type of computer memory device.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Worm
Worm in Other Languages...