Write Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Write? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Related sentences, Synonyms, Words ending with Write, Example sentences, Antonyms, How to pronounce? Derivations, Words starting with Write and more...
How to pronounce: raɪt
1. Mark (letters, words, or other symbols) on a surface, typically paper, with a pen, pencil, or similar implement.
Example sentences: "He wrote his name on the paper"
2. Compose, write, and send (a letter) to someone.
Example sentences: "I wrote a letter to Alison"
3. Compose (a text or work) for written or printed reproduction or publication; put into literary form and set down in writing.
Example sentences: "I didn't know you wrote poetry"
4. Enter (data) into an electronic or magnetic storage device, or into a particular location in a computer’s file system.
Example sentences: "Files can be read and written directly into the file system"
5. Underwrite (an insurance policy).
Example sentences: "The doctors found that no established insurer would write them a policy - at any price."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Write
Write in Other Languages...