Written Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Written? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Example sentences, Antonyms, Related sentences, Synonyms, Words ending with Written, Derivations, Words starting with Written, How to pronounce and more...
How to pronounce: rɪtn
How to pronounce: raɪt
1. Mark (letters, words, or other symbols) on a surface, typically paper, with a pen, pencil, or similar implement.
Example sentences: "He wrote his name on the paper"
2. Compose, write, and send (a letter) to someone.
Example sentences: "I wrote a letter to Alison"
3. Compose (a text or work) for written or printed reproduction or publication; put into literary form and set down in writing.
Example sentences: "She wrote a bestselling novel"
4. Enter (data) into an electronic or magnetic storage device, or into a particular location in a computer’s file system.
Example sentences: "Files can be read and written directly into the file system"
5. Underwrite (an insurance policy).
Example sentences: "The doctors found that no established insurer would write them a policy - at any price."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Written
Written in Other Languages...