Spider Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Spider? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Derivations, Words ending with Spider, Words starting with Spider, Synonyms, Antonyms, Related sentences, Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: ˈspaɪdə
1. An eight-legged predatory arachnid with an unsegmented body consisting of a fused head and thorax and a rounded abdomen. Spiders have fangs which inject poison into their prey, and most kinds spin webs in which to capture insects.
Example sentences: "When they reduce pesticide use, they see a lot more beneficial predatory insects: spiders and parasitic wasps and flies."
2. An object resembling a spider, especially one having numerous or prominent legs or radiating spokes.
Example sentences: "It was crafted in the shape of a spider, so that its minute legs would curl around her index finger, with tiny ruby eyes."
3. Another term for crawler (sense 2)
Example sentences: "This way, your site map will be a valuable resource for anyone who accesses your site, and a useful tool for spiders to find everything that's within."
1. Move in a scuttling manner suggestive of a spider.
Example sentences: "A treecreeper spidered head first down the tree trunk"
2. Another term for crawl (sense 4 of the verb)
Example sentences: "When the search engines spider your site they'll find all of the pages"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Spider
Spider in Other Languages...