Straight Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Straight? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Words starting with Straight, Derivations, Antonyms, Example sentences, Related sentences, How to pronounce? Words ending with Straight and more...
How to pronounce: streɪt
1. Extending or moving uniformly in one direction only; without a curve or bend.
Example sentences: "A long, straight road"
2. Properly positioned so as to be level, upright, or symmetrical.
Example sentences: "He made sure his tie was straight"
3. Not evasive; honest.
Example sentences: "A straight answer"
4. In continuous succession.
Example sentences: "He scored his fourth straight win"
5. (of an alcoholic drink) undiluted; neat.
Example sentences: "Straight brandy"
6. (especially of drama) serious as opposed to comic or musical; employing the conventional techniques of its art form.
Example sentences: "A straight play"
7. (of a person) conventional or respectable.
1. In a straight line; directly.
Example sentences: "He was gazing straight at her"
2. In or into a level, even, or upright position.
Example sentences: "He pulled his clothes straight"
3. Correctly; clearly.
Example sentences: "I'm so tired I can hardly think straight"
4. Without a break; continuously.
Example sentences: "He remembered working sixteen hours straight"
1. A part of something that is not curved or bent, especially a section of a racetrack.
Example sentences: "He pulled away in the straight to win by half a second"
2. (in poker) a continuous sequence of five cards.
Example sentences: "The next person with a straight can guess a card."
3. A conventional person.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Straight
Straight in Other Languages...