Term Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Term? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, Antonyms, Synonyms, How to pronounce? Words starting with Term, Words ending with Term, Related sentences, Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: tɜːm
1. A word or phrase used to describe a thing or to express a concept, especially in a particular kind of language or branch of study.
Example sentences: "The musical term “leitmotiv”"
2. A fixed or limited period for which something, e.g., office, imprisonment, or investment, lasts or is intended to last.
Example sentences: "The President is elected for a single four-year term"
3. Each of the periods in the year, alternating with holidays or vacations, during which instruction is given in a school, college, or university, or during which a court holds sessions.
Example sentences: "The summer term"
4. Conditions under which an action may be undertaken or agreement reached; stipulated or agreed-upon requirements.
Example sentences: "He could only be dealt with on his own terms"
5. Each of the quantities in a ratio, series, or mathematical expression.
Example sentences: "A geometric series is defined as having a constant ratio between consecutive terms."
6. Another term for terminus
1. Give a descriptive name to; call by a specified name.
Example sentences: "He has been termed the father of modern theology"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Term
Term in Other Languages...