Tumble Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Tumble? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Antonyms, Related sentences, Words starting with Tumble, Words ending with Tumble, Derivations, Example sentences, How to pronounce and more...
How to pronounce: tʌmbl
1. (typically of a person) fall suddenly, clumsily, or headlong.
Example sentences: "She pitched forward, tumbling down the remaining stairs"
2. Perform acrobatic or gymnastic exercises, typically handsprings and somersaults in the air.
Example sentences: "On floor exercise one gymnast tumbled a double layout, two whips to double pike, and stuck full-in dismount."
3. Understand the meaning or hidden implication of (a situation)
4. Have sex with.
5. Clean (castings, gemstones, etc.) in a tumbling barrel.
1. A sudden or headlong fall.
Example sentences: "I took a tumble in the nettles"
2. A handspring, somersault in the air, or other acrobatic feat.
Example sentences: "She can perform huge vertical or horizontal leaps, often resulting in gymnastic tumbles and rolls in midair."
3. An act or instance of having sex.
4. A friendly sign of recognition, acknowledgment, or interest.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Tumble
Tumble in Other Languages...