Terminal Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Terminal? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, Words starting with Terminal, Synonyms, Example sentences, Antonyms, Related sentences, Words ending with Terminal, How to pronounce and more...
How to pronounce: ˈtɜːmɪnl
1. Of, forming, or situated at the end or extremity of something.
Example sentences: "A terminal date"
2. (of a disease) predicted to lead to death, especially slowly; incurable.
Example sentences: "Terminal cancer"
1. The end of a railroad or other transport route, or a station at such a point.
Example sentences: "A freight terminal"
2. A point of connection for closing an electric circuit.
Example sentences: "Battery terminals"
3. A device at which a user enters data or commands for a computer system and which displays the received output.
Example sentences: "Each morning intelligence analysts log on at their computer terminals and enter the Dictionary system."
4. Another term for terminus (sense 3 of the noun)
Example sentences: "Renditions of the heron are common in Celtic art, ranging from simple terminal figures to complex intertwined knotwork."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Terminal
Terminal in Other Languages...